Wednesday, January 6, 2010

URGENT need for older girls about to age-out

Oh my heart. I got an email from our agency that there are two adorable girls about to age-out. All the info is below. Please note that you must have a dossier already in China with an approved I-600. I can't post their pictures but trust me, they are cute as can be!! **Take notice of what I put in bold in the description of the first girl. Could that be any more heartbreaking? Every child should know the roll of a parent.

From WACAP: URGENT

There are only a few weeks left to find these two girls families before they age out.

Only families with a dossier already logged in with this country and an approved I-600 (not I-800) can adopt either of them. If you know someone in this position who may be interested, please contact us immediately! 206-575-4550

First precious girl....
MUST BE ADOPTED BEFORE February, 2010

**** is in an older old girl in an age appropriate grade in school where her favorite subjects are singing and Chinese. She wants to be a philosopher when she grows up. When asked whether it is best to be a boy or a girl, she said it’s better to be a boy because boys are tough. She says she has many friends. When asked how she reacts when she is mad at someone, she says she ignores them. When asked about parents, she said she knows about mothers and fathers but doesn’t know what they do.

We were advised that she has “fragile bones”; that both her femurs had broken, but in 2005 she had surgery where rods were put into both her legs. Since then she has not had further breaks. Due to this she is extremely short for a 13 year old.

She has a low voice and speaks some English.

There are up to $9000 in grants to help a family who makes less than $125,000/year adopt her.


Second darling girl...
MUST BE ADOPTED BEFORE FEBRUARY, 2010.

**** is a 13 year old young lady who dreams of having a big adoptive family, with lots of brothers and sisters. She admits to being “bossy” with the younger kids in the orphanage but also says that she is proud of herself when the teachers praise her for helping with the younger children. When asked she says she would like to become a policewoman when she grows up. She’s a typical pre teen as she loves to talk and play with her friends, describing herself as outgoing, and not liking to be by herself. Her cleft lip and palate have been repaired and her speech is clear. She has a sweet, slightly shy demeanor, but spoke confidently. While she reportedly had abnormal liver function at admission to the orphanage, she appears to no longer have any symptoms of liver problems. WACAP offers a $4000 grant to families who make less than $100,000/yr to help with adoption expenses.

Please contact Jo at WACAP as soon as possible if you have any questions. 206-575-4550

6 comments:

Adeye said...

Oh God in heaven---that just breaks my heart in two. She doesn't know what they do :( There really are now words friend--except WHERE ARE HER MOMMY AND DADDY?????

Oh how I pray they'll find them...soon.

trina said...

It is so heartbreaking. I pray they find their forever families...soon. I've been catching up on your blog. I read all your posts (almost)..just never post...and always get a good laugh.
Macy seems to be doing so well..and such a pretty girl. Love the water story..sweet. The pics of your big guy playing poker..crack me up. Yep, those homeschoolers have nothing else to do..haha. Alexis, as you know...has taught herself,too. Amazing kids, I tell ya!! :)

Unknown said...

Heartbreaking! I wish I could just bring one more home with me when I go. How I pray they find their forever families before it is too late. I pray God softens the heart of someone in the exact time. Oh, I am SO glad it is NEVER too late to join the family of God.

Chris said...

I am praying for these two lovely girls!!!

Sometimes it is so hard to understand...

I know God will provide for these girls...somehow...and of course, in His divine way!

Is there any way you would know if they were adopted???

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Oh! I sooo wish I could adopt them. Stinks to be sixteen...

Lisa said...

I, silently, wonder if we'll still adopt the older child we'd planned when we received an infant referral for our, now, 4 year old daughter. I still think a slight possibility when our 1 year old son is older we can have a brother then?? :) We shall see, but for now, I need more seats in my van with 5 kids, so we'll have to wait until our oldest can drive in a few years. :) Don't give up on reminding people of the possibilities. You will change some hearts....no doubt.

Lisa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...