Well, how ya doing, guys? I am SO FINE! The last two days I have literally been TOTALLY ALONE. As in, no kids!! No kids at all. Big boys are at work all day, Eli is at camp, the other three are at my parents' lake house. Leaving me, ALL ALONE!!!
Here's what I've been doing:
Lying on a beach towel in my yard (ALONE) (while my toes take over the universe!)!!
I've also been doing a few miscellaneous chores, but only because it's the right thing to do...because, after all, I've been complaining all summer long that I can't get anything done around here because of all these blasted kids.
My plans for this afternoon are: Go to the little local farm store to buy chicken feed and chat it up with the gals that work there. Then maybe take a nap. Then probably watch a few things on my DVR. Then, maybe I'll throw something together for dinner. Then lie down on the couch after all those exhausting activities!
So, ummm, yeah....every two weeks like clock-work, I post to my blog. And I'll tell you this, it has taken me about 34 hours to write this one, meager as it is! My apologies in advance for wasting 17 seconds of your time to read this. But you know me, I gotta catch you up on all the mundane things that I'm doing!
My summer, thus far:
And here's my breakfast this morning: (Which, was I think Thursday morning, when I started this post.) My new breakfast BFF's are eggs, avocados, and oatmeal. Mmmmm!
1. Three of my six kids walked through sewer water/mud today.
2. Isaiah has declared, at least fourteen times, that he is going to find another family, or at the very least, go back to China. I might let him.
3. Here is a pic of me on what feels like day 3,487 of summer break.
3. So, yeah...fortunately, (or unfortunately, however you choose to look at it), I have been working at my little waitressing job a lot lately. And really, I do love it so much it at least gives me a chance to put on makeup and talk to big people. Although we recently hosted a sorority formal and as I was serving a particular table their second course, I stood starring at them in disbelief that their napkins were still on the table. In disgust, I took the napkin of the dolled-up girl closest to me and put it in her lap for her. She was embarrassed and declared that they all really need to go to etiquette school. I concurred.
And my kids wonder why I'm so militant about table manners.
4. It is my goal this summer to create premium boredom in my children. And so far, I am well on my way to reaching that goal! As a start, I have even conditioned them to be excited about our once-a-week trip to the library.
5. My farmy farm is coming along nicely! Here are pics:
And goodness gracious, if I hope to ever publish this post, I better do it now or it's not going to happen. So for the less-than-exciting goings-on!
I hope YOU are all having THE most fantastically boring summer also!