Thursday, November 21, 2013

Pumpkin Pound Cake!


Hello, my fall-loving friends!

I have a quick and easy recipe for you that will
positively fill your house with
an autumn aroma that make your heart so happy, I promise!
And it's so moist and yummy, you'll just flip.
You'll flip!


Pumpkin Pound Cake 
(Adapted from here)

2 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup coconut oil
3 eggs
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole-grain flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 salt
1/4 tsp. ground cloves
15 oz. canned pumpkin puree


Preheat oven to 350.

Mix together coconut oil and sugar until smooth.
Add eggs, one at a time, beating well.

Combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, and cloves.
Add to oil/sugar/egg mixture,
alternating with the pumpkin puree, blending well between each addition.

Pour mixture into a very well-buttered bundt pan.
Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.

Cool for ten minutes, then remove from pan onto a cooling rack.


ENJOY!

2 comments:

Janet said...

YUM--I've got to try that! I've been trying to put baked items in the freezer--for snacks if/when we get to move to the county. Your coconut oil post made me wonder if the country fed ex man will deliver our 50 lb bags of oatmeal to the door--or just to the end of the driveway=0

Janet said...

I was going to blog about my experience, and still plan to, but I had to tell you! First, I used King Arthur susta-grain for the whole wheat flour. Being not-really-a-pumpkin-eater, I bought canned pumpkin. Just when I was thinking, "this batter is really thick", it dawned on me that pureed and canned must be different. SO, i dropped spoonfuls on cookie sheets, and baked for about 15 minutes....Wonderful pumpkin cookies!!!! very cakey of course, and they would be delicious with cream cheese frosting of glaze drizzed on them. Made about 60.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...