Hello, Peeps! How the heck are ya?
I'm in the mood for some randomness, which is typical of me. So, here's my latest:
1. Today was quite possibly the most beautiful day ever. After a wretched winter, God was most definitely wanting to show off His creative and tropical-like skills today! Yay, God!!
2. And so I stopped for a fancy cold coffee drink. But I'll tell you this. I am so over fancy coffee drinks. Way too expensive and way not me anymore. So unAmerican! I'm a purist and am happy as a clam to drink drip, straight from home, on the cheap. But I do love our little local coffee shop! It's the best ever gathering place.
3. Isaiah has re-re-discovered the costume box. And the wigs.
5. So, while Brenden was home we had a conversation about adverbs. As most mothers do with their college-age sons, you know. He proposed that adverbs are
He also told me to quit using passive verbs.
And now I run every sentence I speak/write through a hyper-filter in my brain that has my head spinning. Along with being paranoid beyond measure, please know that. I trust you'll be patient with me during this transition.
Let's just forget this conversation ever took place, okay?
6. I love bananas that are on sale every Thursday for 19 cents a pound! And Lucy and Isaiah begged me to peel the ripe ones and put them in freezer bags. I let them do it, reluctantly. (Was that an adverb?
7. I am so intrigued and mystified by the whole missing Malaysian flight thing. Oh my word, it's so crazy, isn't it? I feel awful for the families who have no answers about their loved ones. AWFUL! But the whole thing fascinates me.
(Don't get me wrong, I'm horrified! But the mystery of it is so...science-fiction. I wish it WAS fiction.)
8. K-Man and I are thinking about getting an automated chicken-plucker so we can process our own meat birds like machines, man! It's going to be life-changing, really.
9. I'm sooooo proud of the Wichita Shockers!
10. I remember when my wonderful mom used to read to me, The Little Red Hen. And Isaiah just read it last week. And I think that the whole entire America needs to read it, too. Yes and amen?
NOT I??? Yes, YOU. Work dang HARD to pull your own dang weight, dang it.
11. (BONUS!) Lucy went outside to take pictures of the amazing sunset. (Sorry for my kitchen window screen filter!)
All right, I think that sums up my riveting thoughts for this fine March day.
Work hard at all you do and be a blessing to those around you, okay?!!!