Thursday, January 23, 2014

When Kids Pack Lunches {Isaiah-Style}

Because I am a progressive mom (and by that I mean, I am slowly progressing to being a moderately reasonably smart mother-figure to the little,  mid-size, and big people around me), I make the kiddos contribute to making their lunches for school.

But, of course, I have to oversee the littlest two...because, otherwise, they'll end up with a lunch like this:
When I gave Isaiah's lunchbox a quick glance yesterday morning, I noticed he had only packed two little rounds of pepperoni and chocolate pudding.  But God bless him for remembering a spoon!


So I made him rethink his packed mid-day meal...and he came up with this:
He added to his pepperoni, half a tortilla, cheddar cheese cubes, and cheese puffs.  All in one sandwich bag, no less, because it saved on baggies (his words), so why not?  So thrifty, this one!  Though he did report to me at the end of the day that his cheese puffs were less than delicious and crispy, as we all could have predicted, except him.  That's an important life-lesson right there.


And not only was he not on his lunch-game, he has his shirt on backwards.


And he could not have cared less.  Nope, he wore it backwards all the day long, without a care in the world.


May we all be more like Isaiah!  Carefree, whimsical, and packing our entire lunch into one sandwich bag, just because!  Even if it means sacrificing our cheese puffs.


Have a blessed and Isaiah-like Thursday, my thrifty/cheesy friends!

2 comments:

Sally-Girl! said...

i like his style!

Debbie Sauer said...

What a personality ! Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...