1. You awake bright and early, with no intention of leaving the house or actually staying up until midnight.
2. You mention nothing to your little children about the rest of the world staying up until midnight.
3. You excitedly plan a sophisticated menu of horderves: Pigs in a blanket, Rotel cheese dip, and a bowl of Chex Mix.
4. You have a strong conviction that confetti and noise-makers are of the devil and will not be tolerated at your 8 PM celebration to bring in the new year.
5. Your pajamas are your version of a sequin party gown. And you feel comfortably glamorous!
6. You have no champagne in your house. Ginger-ale in plastic cups for all!
7. You enjoy a nice celebratory board game with your children, while rotating loads of laundry, loading the dishwasher, and sweeping the kitchen floor, in between your turns.
8. You brace yourself for the fact that it will be July before your stop writing the wrong year on checks.
9. You throw caution to the wind and have a cup of coffee after 4 PM, in order to be the wide-eyed party girl that you are.
10. You awake bright and early on New Year's Day.
Happy New Year, my friendly friends!