Tuesday, April 17, 2012

resist or rely

Last night was Girl Time at our church.

My friend Mary gave an amazing message,

Rely or Resist.

In our trials,
do we humbly submit and rely on the Lord?
Or do we pridefully resist Him?


I was one of the table leaders and after the message
we were asked to share our current trials.
I only knew one of the gals at my table.
I love that.
Getting to know new people...
and seeing
how God divinely brings them into our
lives at the very right time.
It always amazes me.

But it often makes it hard to share.


I kicked it off with briefly talking about what was on my heart,
then I asked for the others to share.
I got a lot of stares.
It was difficult to know how to go from there!
Ack.
Then one person boldly spoke up.
Then another.
Then everyone else at the table told what they were struggling with.


I was SO STRUCK by the heaviness of what some of
these ladies are going through.
My heart broke.

I prayed for each of them and the evening came
to an end.

But they remain on my heart and mind.
I woke up praying for them.



But I say all of that to ask YOU...
are you,
in your tough trials (whatever they are),
Resisting or RELYING?


And are you involved with other women
who will encourage, lift you up, and pray over you?


Stop resisting.



But he gives us more grace. That is why Scripture says:

“God opposes the proud
but shows favor to the humble.”
James 4:6


We are ALL in need of a Savior.
And Jesus is so eager to help, guide, and lead us directly
to a place of rest.




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a special prayer request for a spiritual battle.

Jodi said...

Just LOVE that I can share my requests with sisters in Christ!!! God is so cool to have planned it so perfectly that we can encourage each other in this way! Soooo cool!

Holly said...

Good stuff...thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...