Thursday, February 27, 2014

My Sickly Day

If I was any kind of fun friend to you all, I'd show you a picture of my hair right now.
But because I don't like you nearly that much, or maybe because I like you too much,
I will withhold any photos from my day today.


You see, I woke up at my usual 5:23 AM and felt like I'd been hit by a snow plow.
Though usually when I feel that way, my big ol' mug of coffee sets me
free from such bondage.
But, when that coffee was a-brewin', I nearly hurled.  And when the bacon was frying,
I truly begged Jesus for mercy.
And that's when I knew things were not going as usual.

I had a stomach bug.

And I'll tell you what.  I thought for sure that if I just crawled back in bed for a few
minutes, I'd muster up the energy to begin my very, VERY busy day.

But, no.

I just laid there lethargically watching TV.
And I'll tell you something else.  If Rachel Ray made one more mention about shrimp,
I was going to hunt her down and put an end to her perky self.
I opted to settle in on a nice news channel instead (lucky for Rachel).
Real life somehow seemed easier to stomach.



Well, long story short, here's how things went down:

1.  I found the gumption to brush my teeth and shower.
And believe you me, it took every single ounce of viable life in me to do so.

2.  I found my way to the couch with my pillow and blanket.

3.  I found myself back to the bathroom to unleash the evil that resided inside of me.

4.  Back on the couch, Lucy came to me, 
telling me with much excitement that Isaiah flooded the bathroom.
In my brain I told her,  "You better suck those words right back into your mouth, young lady,
and let them never see the light of day ever again, especially when I'm plastered on the couch
with God-knows-what going on inside of me."
But what I really told her was, "Get a towel and clean it up."

Here's the back story:
Isaiah took a cardboard box into the bathroom and tried to fill it with water and soap,
because he was determined to wash the dishes for me.
In a cardboard box.  In the bathroom.
And apparently he tried really, REALLY hard to make that work before he finally figured
out that his well-intended plan was simply not going to work.
The bathroom was SOAKED.

5.  Shortly after that, he came in and said he wanted to pray for me.
(He has no idea how he saved the day with that.)

6.  K-Man came home, scooped up the children and took them far, far away.

7.  I'm feeling much better now.


And that's how I spent my day.

Oh, and I baked eight loaves of bread.
(You know me.)



Tomorrow will surely be MUCH better, right?
It's gotta be!



It's my every hope that my germs don't permeate through my computer to yours!

2 comments:

Diane said...

LOL!!! You make me laugh, and I needed that tonight. Hope tomorrow is a much better day for you!

Karin said...

UGH!!! So sorry you're sick. I hope you are feeling much better tomorrow - and that Isaiah has learned a valuable lesson about water and cardboard boxes. Pretty sure that counts as a science project.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...