But here I am! I wrote on today's to-do list that I needed to update my blog and by golly, I'm doing it!
Here's a few things going on in Lori Land lately:
1. Tonight is pizza night! (It is my absolute favorite go-to dinner when I am otherwise clueless.)
Here's my dough that's been doing its thing since this morning!
2. I am also making Ezekiel bread today, which is a huge relief to me because I haven't made nary a loaf in weeks! I also made three loaves of banana bread. And the children logged 7 1/2 hours on the Wii.
3. I've done a lot of hair this week, which is a fun because it's on the complete opposite side of my house, on the lower level. Sometimes my kitchen and I just need a break from each other, ya know?
Here's my shop! (I don't think I've ever shown you before...??) Maybe I have, I don't know.
4. I think I'm going to spray-tan myself soon. I am looking really drab lately.
OH, and that reminds me of a story. About ten years ago I used to workout with a group of fun gals and we often went for a 4-mile run around our town. Anyway, one week I had been experimenting with self-tanners and well, in retrospect I'm pretty sure I must have gone overboard with it because I showed up one morning for our run, seriously waiting for my friends to rave about how glowingly golden I was...but they said nothing. In fact, they didn't even really make eye contact with me. I was very perplexed because man, I looked gooood. And then the subject of going to the pool came up and I took that opportunity to tell them about my new
It's these things in life that teach us hard-core lessons.
Never mind what I said about spray-tanning myself soon.
5. Did any of you take short-hand in high school? I did. And I've been thinking a lot about that lately. It seemed like such a promising way of quick communication and a skill that any up and coming secretary would certainly need! I'm disappointed that never panned out.
That was possibly the most random thought I've ever had.
6. I've started this new approach to cleaning, which is to storm through my house for about 30 minutes and get things done real quick! And I tell the kids to storm along with me for ten minutes. And it's so fun and fabulous and works great!
That was my tip o' the day for you. (As if you've never thought to clean really fast.)
Which reminds me, I got a free ebook on speed cleaning and one of the tips was, if something isn't dirty, don't clean it. Wow, now that's something I never thought of! Geeeee. It takes an act of Congress to get me to clean the dirty stuff, I'm certainly not going to clean something that's, ummm...clean. Hellllo?
I could go on and on here but I think this has been long enough. And I certainly don't want to pour out all my wisdom on you in one single post. I bet you'll savor this one for a good long time and you won't even notice if I'm gone for another few days! (Feel free to refer back as necessary.)
Have the greatest Thursday evening ever!!