Saturday, December 21, 2013

Breakfast Pastries {oh my, so easy!}

I love puff pastry.

I mean, I REALLY LOVE puff pastry!

It's my BFF.  And forever!

It makes you look like a rock-star pastry chef, with very little effort on your part, AT ALL.
That's exactly the kind of help I need, I tell ya.

And I'm going to tell you how to make it.

1.  Go to your local grocery store.
2.  Find yourself in the frozen section.
3.  Locate the pre-made puff pastry.
4.  Buy it.

And live happily ever after!!!

Listen, friends.  Puff pastry is one of the few free passes you'll ever get for buying
store-bought anything when it comes to baking.
Take that pass and run with it.
Run fast!  

All that to say, though it is simple in its ingredients, it's best to leave the complexity 
of the delicate process to the experts.

Don't you love that?
I sure do.


And here's a really dandy recipe for breakfast, made from the infamous puff pastry:



 Take a sheet of puff pastry...


Cut it into rectangles.
Roll them out just a bit with a rolling pin, making them all uniform in size.


Put ham, scrambled eggs, and cheddar cheese in the middle.
Brush egg wash on the edges!


Top with another rectangle of PP.
Crimp edges with a fork.
Brush with egg wash.
Sprinkle with seasonings (optional)!


Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-18 minutes, until very golden brown.


Admire them.


Cut them into wedges.
And ENJOY!



Listen, you can contort these genius sheets of heaven into almost anything you 
can possibly dream up.

Load them up with fruit, chicken pot pie mixture, enchilada goodness, WHATEVER.

It will be delicious, come what may!!!



(So sorry, I can't for the life of me figure out how to get a 'print-it' button for
my recipes onto my blog.  My lack of tech skills are shining brightly!  Until
I get help with that, just copy & paste!) 




Breakfast Pastries

Here's what you need for this recipe:
(for three rectangles)

1 sheet of puff pastry 
3 scrambled eggs, seasoned with salt and pepper
Deli ham
Shredded cheddar cheese
Egg/water for egg wash

Seasoning on top: 
(optional)
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 teaspoon thyme
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon ground all-spice
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Mix all together.

(The above will make WAY more than you need for this recipe. Store it away for later!) 

Cut pastry dough into rectangles.
Roll into uniform sizes.
Put ham, scrambled eggs, and cheese in the middle of each rectangle.
Brush edges with egg wash.
Put remaining rectangles on the top and crimp edges with a fork.
Brush with egg wash.
Bake at 400 degrees for about 15-18 minutes, until very golden brown.
ENJOY!



Have fun with this, friends!




Swing by Facebook and LIKE JOY Unspeakable for all the latest goings-on!

1 comment:

Sally-Girl! said...

Looks fun and I may just have to try over this winter break!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...