Thursday, October 17, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing. {Hooray!!}

So, one of our highly-processed vices around here is ranch dressing.
Well, not so much for ME...but for these people in my house.
They loves them some ranch dressing, these people.

But I was determined to thwart their store-bought addiction!

I tried a couple recipes that I wasn't thrilled about,
then I found THE ONE.






And the nice news is, it's really simple.




Here's what ya do:

In a jar or zip-lock bag, or whatever, mix these ingredients:

1/4 cup pepper
1 1/2 cups parsley flakes
1/2 cup garlic powder
3 tablespoons kosher salt
3/4 cup onion powder
2 tablespoons dill weed
3 tablespoons dried chives



Now.

You just store that way.
And when you're ready for some WAY-licious ranch dressing, simple mix:


1 tablespoon mix
1 cup mayo*
1 cup buttermilk**
3/4 cup sour cream (FULL FAT!)
1 tsp. fresh lemon juice


*Of course, homemade mayo would be BEST.  But I'm not there yet.  YET!
**Instead of buttermilk, you can also do one cup whole milk w/ one tablespoon vinegar.



Mix it all up and let it chill for at least two hours (it gets better and better with time!).



You will really love this, I promise!!!


***The people in my house gave me their stamp of approval.



My work here is done.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...