Wednesday, June 26, 2013

veggie-slaw lettuce wraps

I love getting creative with veggies.
Especially with all the wonderful things available right now that are super-FRESH.

So last night I was wanting to make some kind of slaw...but wanted to avoid mayo.
Which is not like me at all.
But, it's been ultra-full-steam ahead with my quest to eliminate processed foods lately.

Here's what I came up with:



Veggie-Slaw Lettuce Wraps.



What's inside:

2 cups shredded cabbage
half a red bell pepper, cut into small strips
1 small carrot, strips or diced
1 cucumber, diced
half a cup of fresh snow peas
1 small tomato, diced
2 tablespoons cilantro

(I meant to put some almonds in too, but forgot.)
(And I also wanted to put in some diced avocado, but mine weren't ripe enough.)
(But you should add those things.)
:)


Dressing:
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup (or less) Balsamic vinegar
1-2 teaspoons honey
pinch of salt and pepper

Mix everything together and put in Romaine lettuce leaves.


It is sooooo good!
And crunchy!
And tangy.
And healthy!


Even K-Man tried one.
He said, "Okay, how do I eat this thing...like a hot dog?"
Exactly.
And little does he know, this is his new hot dog from here on out!
Bless his heart.



Anyway, I hope you'll give it a try.
And make it your own by adding whatever you've got on hand.
Just keep it healthy, and as local as possible!





Lastly,
I want you to guess what this is:


I ate a couple teaspoons of it with my morning tea.

Guess what it is!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

These look yummy. Pinning this one! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...