We are just chillin' & relaxin' here on the homestead.
It got up to a sultry 74 degrees today!
Have you ever?
What a lovely treat-of-a-day God gave us here in the midwest!
The rest of the week's forecast calls for rain, cold and possibly snow.
I LOVE eclectic weather!
Here's a couple things going on:
1. I made Rice Krispy Treats today for the first time in a VERY long time.
GEEEEE, why does anyone ever BUY these little gems?
They are beyond easy and FAST.
2. I finally faced reality today and decided that we need to cull some
of our old hens (aka, chicken soup) because they aren't laying any more.
So sorry, henny-hens.
3. I am making Tacos Al Pastor for dinner tonight.
I'll post more about THAT later.
Unless they don't turn out.
In which case, we'll never speak of this again.
4. I need to get busy on planning for my pigs.
I am so totally getting pigs this spring.
And honey bees.
I'm pretty sure.
5. I found a super-old Singer sowing machine inside a darling cabinet
at a thrift shop yesterday.
But it was a hundred bucks.
I can't stop thinking about it.
Hoping I can pop back in there in a few days and see that
it's been drastically reduced.
Please, oh please!!!
That's all for now.
Gotta get started on my dinner!!