Tuesday, October 30, 2012

lucy gives a speech

Sometimes what I post here is simply for the sake of
recording things so that I never ever forget.
And for my children's grandmas to enjoy.


This is one of those times.


Lucy is taking a public speaking class at the homeschool enrichment center
that she and Isaiah attend.
(LOVE IT.)

And Lucy had to give her first speech yesterday.
VERY reluctantly initially...but thanks to her FABULOUS teacher,
and encouraging friends...she went through with it.

It was a demonstration speech,
carefully telling how to make S'Mores.

She wouldn't let me stay to watch.
It made her nervous to have me there.
:(


But, that was okay.
I prayed with her, gave her a pep-talk...and sent her on her way.
One of her teachers videoed it...so once I receive that from her,
I will post it here!


In the mean time,
here is her teacher's evaluation:


*Great volume, posture and eye contact.

*Well prepared--had the perfect amount of ingredients!

*Great job overcoming your nerves.  SO proud of you!!!

Well Done!

*So glad you were enjoying yourself in the end!!



Soooo happy that she did such a
good job and overcame her fear to speak
in front of her peers.


Way to go, Lucy!!!


3 comments:

Karin said...

Can't wait to see the video! :)

Vicky said...

I love when you share about your children. I'm so proud of Lucy! What a great review! I can't wait to see the video!

Chris said...

I'm so glad when I'm "not allowed" to watch a high pressure performance like that...I get just as nervous as they do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...