Thursday, March 8, 2012

wanda the chicken

Wow, thank you so much for your response
I wish so much I could send each and everyone of you one to try!
I will figure out my plan of action
and choose three of you soon.
Woo!


I thought I'd give a little individual attention
to one of my baby chicks.
Actually, we have four of this variety...

Golden Polish

This is Wanda.
Actually, at this point I don't know the boys from the girls
so forgive me, Wanda, if this is in fact your male
counterpart, and not you.

Isn't she just darling?
And isn't that chubby little chipped-nail-polished
Chinese hand holding her just darling?




And here's what she will look like at full maturity.

Have you ever?

After all these years I've finally found a chicken who
reflected my own personality
perfectly.

It's like looking in a mirror.

We were separated at birth, I tell ya.


But actually, that's a picture of a rooster, not a hen.
But the roosters are cuter,
so for the sake of making my blog post as cute as possible,
I've gone with the male picture.

Just play along here, would you?


Anyway, I'm off to Bible study so I better go
jump in the shower.

Nice talking to you!

7 comments:

Trish said...

She is so cute! You'll have to jump on over to my blog and see my hoagie rolls, thanks so much for the recipe they are soooooo good!!! Hugs, Trish

Jen said...

Oh my word Lori.....Little Wanda is about the most adorable thing I have seen! How stinkin cute is that chicken?!! Please post updated pics of Miss Wanda as she grows.

Chris said...

I think you will need to name 'her' Walter...or whatever...if she has a headful of fuzz like that already...start listening for the crow. But 'she' is beautiful/handsome

Jean said...

Whew... when I saw the title of the post I was sure you had her for dinner!

Praise God the chick is still alive!!

This is a bait and switch post- see this cute little thing... she's gonna grow up to be this cute little thing... not really, just kidding!

I hope you asked for forgiveness when you where prayin at bible study!

Holly said...

Yes, that is the most awesome chicken ever. : ) I want some of those!

Karin said...

A striking resemblance for sure! ;) Way, stinkin' cute! So sorry I've been a bad bloggie friend. Sigh... Hope to catch up this week and be amused by all of your hilarious posts that I have missed. :)

Shonni said...

Those chickens are so cute. I must get one, and then I can have my own “Wanda” when ever I need her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...