Monday, February 6, 2012

my favorite smells

Go anywhere on the world wide web and I'll bet
there isn't one single person who is
blogging about what I am bringing to you today.

The facts are:

1. I'm tired.

2. I'm not in a blogging mood.

3. And well, my mind works in weird and mysterious ways.




So here's my subject of the day:

My Favorite Smells
By Lori

*Not in any particular order

1. New tires.
Actually, tire stores.
I like to be submerged in the smell of black rubber.
And other car accessories.


2. Lumber
I absolutely love to go to Home Depot and stand
amidst the 2x4's.
I'm not even kidding.
It smells delicious and wonderful.
Please inform me if you ever find a lumber-girl perfume.

3. Mimeograph Papers
You know, like in second grade when your teacher had
to run down to the office to "run off" some worksheets...
then came back and passed them out,
and they were still wet...and smelled divine?
Yeah, I loved that.
But it's forever gone, this side of heaven.




Ok,
that's the end of my smells post.
I have others, but I'll save those for another day.




I sure hope your Monday is turning out wonderfully...
and that it's filled with your favorite aromas.


13 comments:

Joy said...

I'm with you on numbers 2 and 3. I'll leave you to your tire store. :-P

Anonymous said...

I love your favorite aromas, I like them too!

Love for Lilly Yin said...

You are my TWIN....Ahhh!

Chad and Kristy said...

You are just weird Lori! Ha, but I love you anyway:) I don't know if I have any favorite smells... sweets and baked goods I guess. Ok, now I'm hungry:/

We got our biometrics appointments today so its a happy Monday for me:)

Katy said...

My dad owns a lumber yard and I totally agree with you on the lumber smell! Love it!

Wes said...

/delurk
I had to look up #3 because I remember doing that in school too. In Oz they called it a Spirit Duplicator. I love it when I clean with Mentholated Spirits as it brings back that memory.
/lurk

Cari said...

I'm with ya on the lumber smells. My husband works for a local lumber company and I was able to visit one of the sawmills with him...boy did it smell sooooo good! We also often visit the lumber depts of Home Depot, Lowes or any other type of store that might sell lumber. He looks at the stock while I just stand there and enjoy the smell. :)

Diane said...

I can't believe baking bread is not on your list! :-)

Jo's Corner said...

My Mom! I LOVE the smell of my sweet Mama! And, I'm not alone on that. I think the best/kindest compliment I've ever received was when my 19 year old nephew walked into my apartment and said: "Mmm, it smells just like Grandma Jean in here!" I love that boy!
Speaking of smells...I am pretty near "goin' crazy", as "someone" in my building is smoking!! I detest that ODOR!! Seriously, I have been in tears over it. This is a Non-Smoking apartment building. Pray for me. Please. And, seriously. Hugs!!

Angie said...

Wow...ummm...none of those were even on my radar. I'm going with the smell of popcorn!

Chris said...

I was seriously going to do a post about tires today and then I read your post first...go read about my girls' love of tires.

Janet and Kevin said...

I used to love the smell of mimiograph papers, too! So sorry the copier replaced them! I also liked looking at the purple ink on the white paper! What a dork I am!!

I love the smell of vanilla and all sweet things baking!

:)
janet and gang

Debby said...

I love the smell of a burning wood fire in the fireplace or camp fire pit. I love the smell of something on the grill, & from the oven.

I also love the smell of fresh, wet soil. I'll agree with you on the lumber too. Fresh sawed wood......

Fun things to think about! Ha!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...