Friday, February 3, 2012

look what God did!

Oh my gracious.


God did a really cool thing for us!

Last summer I was thinking how nice it would be to have a stove in the garage
to cook with when it's blistering hot out, so not to heat up the house.
Well, we decided to keep our eye
out for a good used one,
but didn't give it much more thought.
Nor did we ever make an effort to look for one.

Well, as I've started baking a ton of bread,
I've revisited the hope of getting another stove.
I prayed about it.
But again,
it was one of those things that I didn't put much thought into.


BUT GOD!

So K-man has been working on a big kitchen remodel job
(he's an electrical contractor)
and told me nonchalantly that the people were
getting rid of their old stove and
asked me if I wanted him to offer to buy it.
I said sure, if we could get it for about $50-100.
So then I started praying that the people would want to sell it to us.
And the more I prayed,
the more the Lord led me to pray to get it for FREE.
FREE?
Ok, God....please provide it to us for FREE.
A few days went by.


Guess what husband came last night?


An almost-new stove, that has hardly been used.
Nary a scratch or speck of dirt.





For FREE.

Yep, that's what my God did for me.

How cool is that?

Way cool.
And SO God.

Oh how He loves you and me.

16 comments:

Patty said...

Yay! God is cool like that!

Madeleine said...

WOO-HOO!!!

I love GOD stories!!

And how cool that you got it FOR FREE!! Which happens to be my favorite price.

Oh how he loves us indeed.

Debby said...

So cool Lori.......

Jenn said...

Sometimes I think it's in the little things that we really see how much he does not only love us, but cares for us! The GOD of the universe got you a stove. For free. It wasn't a huge big miracle but a little love note. He cares about our "little things" too. Very encouraging thank you for sharing! And I so wish I lived closer to buy your yummy bread.

Angie said...

Don't ya just love those little...or big...hugs from God? Time for you to get bakin', girl!

Vicky said...

Totally awesome!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Glad God answered your prayer in a totally different way than you thought he would!

Prayer works! (Because you can end up having a almost new stove for free!)

Natalie said...

That's great! Happy bread baking! :-)

Matilda Joyce said...

So cool (or hot???). Either way, love how God works!!

Bethany said...

That is so awesome! I love when God shows up and shows off! Good for you on baking your own bread. Want to post the recipe? Or am I the new girl who hasn't looked around enough for it?

Chris said...

Sometimes we don't get things b/c we forget to ask- or don't have enough faith to ask...
I know I fall in the last category too often...I think this "little" problem is not something to worry God about.

Jean said...

Oh yay, yay, yay!!

That is so great!!

I am seriously "over nighting" your bread to MN!

God is so Good and so Cool!!

Loved your response! Yep- there's a lot of Poop going on at my house and you didn't even flinch! Just kept sippin the coffee! ME TOO!

Karin said...

That is SO COOL!! And not only did He give you a stove, but He gave you a confirmation that your bread-making business is something He wants you to continue. :) Loved this story!!! :)

Joanne Reddell said...

I ♥ ♥ ♥ God stories!! And this one is so stinkin cool! God is SO good ALL the time! And I love when He shows up in unexpected ways. have fun baking, friend!

Kris said...

God is SO in the details!!!! YAY for you!

jen said...

Just found you on here...LOVE your blog and this story! I like to go to Goodwill on my birthday to see what God has for me there. It really is the little things that mean so much! : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...