Sunday, September 26, 2010

fun to hang with

I can remember when my boys were around 8 & 10 years old,
they would come visit me in the bathroom
while I was getting ready for the day.

It got to the point where it really annoyed me that I couldn't
sit alone to do my hair and make up without little visitors....
until it struck me that soon they would be teenagers
and they would for sure no longer want to
hang out with me.

So I decided to enjoy it while it lasted.

Well umm, they're 15 & 17 years old now and they
STILL come sit to chat with me
while I'm primping.

I love, love, love it.

And yes, that would be Brenden sitting on the edge of
the tub with his laptop.


Apparently I'm really exciting to hang with, ya'll.

Just ask my kids.

No wait...don't ask them.

They'd deny it, I'm sure.

:)


8 comments:

Holly said...

But you have the picture to prove it! Love it. : )

Marie-Claude said...

Love this,

I too, have an entourage when getting ready, I used to look at my mom getting ready and we had these incredible conversations, I remember those moments and cherish them. Now, I am just grateful my kids find it cool to start up conversations while I get ready, precious moments. Although sometimes it would be ok to have some time alone... but altogether I think we are pretty lucky moms!

Marie-Claude

Chris said...

hmmm! maybe I have to spend more time primping...I usually aim to be out of the bathroom before the troops wake...maybe I gotta change that.
You have cool boys... you're doing something right

Hezra said...

Ha! Well, thanks for shooting down my hopes and dreams of ever being alone. ;-)

Jean said...

I've had the same feelings! Please would someone just give me a minute to get ready for the day AND I'm so glad that they still like to hang out with us and chat!

Don't worry! Your secret is safe with me!!

Kristi said...

As long as they stop sucking on my toothbrush and making lakes in my bathroom floor when their teenagers, I guess I can handle it.
Long time stalker,
Kristi

Zhanna said...

Well duh, just from your blogs, its pretty evident that its fun to be around you. if at this your boys still chit chat with you in the bathroom then you are definitely doing something right and they are going to be amazing husbands because of it!

Tesseraemum said...

Seriously, We would miss out on alot of great moments if we locked that bathroom door!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...