Monday, June 15, 2009

my trash can never looked better

As I have mentioned in the past,
Lucy has a raging sticker addiction.

Innocent as they may seem....

it's stinkin' expensive!

And the fact that she will race through
a sheet of a hundred or more in all
of about 10 minutes...
sticking them mostly just on a piece
of paper...

or the floor,

leaves me little motivation to want
to feed her love of adhesive decorations.

But....

having to do without real stickers
for some time now,
she found a nice substitute...

tape.

She pulls out the roll
and asks for two pieces at a time.
Apparently she tries not be be greedy.

So here is just a sample of her tape "art"...

on the trash can.

It needed a little sprucing up anyway.

This gal is going to be a huge help
at Christmas time.



I'm not sure who gave her that one long piece....
but that is just going too far.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so funny. My son is the same way. Loves the stickers, the tape, AND if he gets anywhere near the trash can he cant pass up the chance to pick through it to see what he might be missing. hee,hee.

Jen said...

I think I am seeing some "mosaic" artistry in little Miss L's future!!!! Keep up the good work Lucy!

Holly said...

Ha! I love it!

Patty said...

Oh that is so Riley!! Only her obsession started with bandaids--stuck to everything. It was a happy day when she moved up to stickers--at about age 3-4 and now she obsessively loves tape!! And you are right, it really is a help at Christmas!! And I've never seen a trash can look prettier......great artwork Lucy!

Chris said...

stickers are a waste of money at my house too! One year I decided to get my then 5 y.o. son two rolls of scotch tape for him to use as he wished. HA! dumb mistake! we walked through cobwebs of sticky tape for days till he finally ran through the rolls. Thing is , he still remembers that gift and he is 11.

Karin said...

Take my advice...HIDE THE TAPE!!! ha! My kids have a sticker/tape addiction and found that tape is much more useful. You can make things with it, fix things with it, waste it in big LONG pieces. Yeah...HIDE THE TAPE!! (My kids have found all my hiding places...argh).

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...