Thursday, April 23, 2009

Falling Plastic Produce

Lest you think I've lost all my typing skills...Lucy somehow got to my blog and typed the following (don't believe a word of it!)......

mymymymyyyyhhgtjgjjgjjgjgjjjgjgjjgjjjgjjgjjgjjjjjjjjkjkkkkkkjkjkjkkjklkkjhkjdee"hjghjmhhgtffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffflgllglgllglglijuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuyoootypyh' jm

According to Linn, Lucy sends text messages in tongues so apparently she blogs in tongues as well. I don't have the gift of interpretation, so you are on your own to figure out what she is saying. It sounds pretty urgent.

To continue the saga.......she voluntarily helped me pick up her dinner toys. But...I still felt she needed some discipline for not doing it when I told her to.

Delayed obedience is DISOBEDIENCE!

So I put everything up where she could still see it (and not forget about it)...on top of the refrigerator. However, as with every strong-willed child, she didn't act like it bothered her one bit. We shall see. I told her she could have them back tomorrow. Nancy....I SO won this one (though I hate to think of it like that :)

**follow-up.....shortly after I put the her toys away she asked me why I didn't put them in her little kitchen. I told her why and she sat silent for a few minutes. I think she totally got it. HOPEFULLY we won't repeat this little episode again.

All day I had do dodge falling plastic produce every time I opened the refrigerator.

**************************************

Lucy is not a breakfast kind of girl. Though I am BIG on breakfast so I work hard to figure out SOMETHING half-way healthy that she will eat to get her day started.

This morning we had the following conversation....

Me...."Lucy what do you want for breakfast?"

Lucy...."Ummmm, chips."

Me...."No, something healthy....how about eggs or ham?"

Lucy...."Ummmm, chicken!"

Me....."Oh rats! I don't have any chicken! What else do you want?"

Lucy...."Chocolate chips."

M...."No way Jose!"

Lucy....."Do you have ham, Mama?"

M...."Sure, you want ham?"

L......."I'll have fishsticks and chips."

Alrighty then.

********************************

I'm sure most of you have read Linn's latest blog post regarding her sweet Autumn's diagnosis of a brain tumor. I haven't mentioned it up until now because I guess I am in denial that something else has happened to this already crushed family.



Please continue to flood heaven with your prayers.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Praying BIG for precious Linn and family...sigh...

Little Lucy just wants to help keep her Mama "on her toes." :) Kinda like her contribution to your ascension to that higher plain of Mommy Patience. So...it's all good!:) And, of course it doesn't hurt that she's so stinkin' cute!

Hugs,
Amy

Mandi said...

I feel terribly sad for Linn and her family. They are truly being tested right now.

I love that you put the toys on top of the fridge where Lucy can see them. I am surprised she hasn't figured out a way to get them down. My kids would have tried to push a chair to the fridge to get them down by now.

Blessings,
Mandi

Jean said...

I'm thinking and praying for Linn and her family al the time. Just can't get them off my mind.

We are having BKF challenges, too. Cereal is out the window and now we are trying yogurt. It doesn't have to be a big BKF- just something on the healthy side for a little energy and a good start to the day!

I love the falling produce!! I like the idea of our of reach but not out of sight- good parenting!!

Blessings,
Jean

Unknown said...

Just wanted to tell you that our son has the same reaction when he gets something taken away from him. "Good, Im glad!" With a big huge that didn't hurt me a bit smile on his face!!
On another much more serious note. I have been praying for Linn and her entire family. I feel just heartbroken for what they are going through. I dont think anyone can grasp the reasoning behind it, because it just doens't make sense for such a wonderful loving family to go through all that they have. I have faith that all of the good things that God has done in this families lives is not going to stop now. As Linn says He is Awe inspiring, Gasp Giving....He is going to make us all AWE!

Nancy said...

I am just sick for Linn and her family. Yes, they are being tested, but shouldn't they have certainly passed it by now? Love your Lucy stories.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...