Saturday, November 15, 2008

What's in it for ME?

One thing that puts a bee in my bonnet is fundraisers. STAY WITH ME HERE! I LOVE giving to charities and ministries...what gets me is when we do it only when we see that we will get something out of it or because we are put on the spot (and don't wanna look cheap). You know what I mean, when little Susie down the street comes to your door & wants to sell you a jumbo candy bar or cookie dough so her school can get a new slide for the playground. Ok again, hear me LOUD AND CLEAR...I don't think there is anything WRONG with that type of raising funds. But what's wrong with just presenting a need and praying that people's hearts are moved to GIVE GENEROUSLY because they BELIEVE in the cause. Period. The good new is, God tells us to expect a return on our giving...yep He sure does. But I wonder...do we get a return on our giving when we give out of guilt or obligation? Do we get a return when we give only to get that much (not) needed gadget or that slim chance at "winning" something big? Are you following me here? WHAT IF....we prayed, gave, then not only waited to see how God uses that obediently-given gift but how He will bless US for doing it? I mean, wouldn't you rather let GOD decide what He wants to bless you with instead of, you know, getting another bad-smelling, over-priced candle? I wonder how many REAL blessings we forfeit because our giving isn't with the right motive or with a genuinely CHEERFUL heart? Let's all ponder that for a while & pray for God's direction.





Does it appear that I am kind of trying to peak your interest & maybe even tease you a bit before I make my announcement?? Ummm...yeah, I kinda am! I REALLY need a lot of people in on this & when Iask you to PRAY, I really mean PRAY HARD, then PRAY SOME MORE. And then pass this on to as many people as you can think of... I am also working hard to gather what I need to put this all together. I promise I will do my best to have it ready in the next day or two (or three..) STAY TUNED!!!

2 comments:

jan said...

"the treasure principle: unlocking the secret to joyful giving" by randy alcorn

YOU HAVE TO READ THIS! I PROMISE IT WILL BE THE BEST BOOK YOU WILL EVER READ, AFTER THE BIBLE, ON GIVING WITH THE RIGHT HEART. IT WILL CHANGE YOUR LIFE EVEN MORE....

xoxoxo, me :)

Chrisann said...

I would like to help. I'll check back to see what you decide to do.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...