Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Thankful Thursday

I'm so thankful today for so many things...where do I begin?? Let's see....



1. DATE NIGHT!!...For the first time in six months my big man & I went out on a date..alone!! Since the boys had youth group last night, my friend Angela (who is the glue that holds our youth group together) offered to watch Lucy at church while we went out for a quick bite to eat. We went for GREEK food!! YUMMY! It was so nice & Lucy did great...but all I could think about while eating at a restaurant with people all around was...gee, it's too bad all these people are missing out on seeing my beautiful Lucy! I know, next time I'll bring her along! Ok, that would kind of defeat the purpose.


2. Online Friends...ok, I could name so many but today, my sweet friend PAULA gets my thanks. She emailed me & told me of an incredibly generous thing she is doing to donate to B & L's van fund. I'm just giddy about it & will tell ya'll later more about it....


3. God's blessings for those who sacrifice....My sweet friend Linn totally rocks & she has the biggest heart for orphans. I have seen with my own eyes the way she and her family live...they are very intentional in what they buy and don't buy. They know the importance of living with eternity in mind. She wrote a great post today...please check it out.

4. Adoption...Woo Hoo!! My sweet blogger friend Jean just arrived in China to get her precious daughter!!!!!!!!! YIPPEE!!!!

Ok, I know I should list at least 6 more things but my day has been crazy thus far & it's still not over...I've got to get some things done before heading out for basketball practice, a meeting, and coming up with some sort of dinner for tonight. ?????



I will leave you with this great picture of Lucy and Nick (or Yick as she calls him).....



Please ignore the dinner that is in Lucy's teeth (this seems to be a theme for her)....

1 comment:

Doug and Terrye said...

I'm right there with you in being thankful for adoption! Not only is my daughter with us because of adoption, but I am adopted into the family of God...through the blood my my Savior, Jesus Christ! :)

Terrye in FL

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...