Friday, November 28, 2008

Moving Forward...

A few days ago I told you that God put something really big on my heart. Well, I can't give details quite yet but after a lot of prayer & seeking godly counsel, we are moving forward with what we feel God has called us to do.

I have great peace about our decision, despite fears of the unknown, fear of what people will think (ok, that one isn't a huge concern of mine), fear of all the "what if's." But this week in my daily Bible reading I "just happened" to read Hebews 11. But before that, Hebrews 10:35-39...

"So do not throw away your confidence; it will be richly rewarded.
You need to persevere so that when you have done the will of God, you will receive what he has promised. For in just a very little while, "He who is coming will come and will not delay. But my righteous one will live by faith. And if he shrinks back, I will not be pleased with him." But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, but of those who believe and are saved." (emphasis mine)


And as you know, Hebrews 11 tells of many of the Hero's of Faith in the Bible...how they boldly obeyed God, even though it sometimes didn't seem to make sense or in some cases, sounded completely crazy! Of course I've read this chapter many, many times but because it landed in my daily reading plan just when I needed it, it was like reading it for the first time...fresh, renewed faith...a word from the Lord to boldly move forward. Gulp.

I have already told several of my blogging buddies because I desperately wanted them to be praying and to seek their advice. Thank you all so much!!

I hope to tell the rest of you in the weeks to come...perhaps sooner.

Oh, and you would expect that I would have lots of cute pics to post of Lucy's first Thanksgiving...uuhh, no. I completely forgot to bring my camera to both of our dinners with our families. GRRRR. I promise I won't forget it for Christmas!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...