Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Listening...

My blogger friend Jan sent me the sweetest email with a very generous donation that she is mailing in. I am so encouraged by something she said telling how she and her husband budget their money each month....beyond their tithes, they set aside a certain amount of $$ for a "blessing fund". Wow! Is that great or what? This month they are using the money to help some friends at their church AND to contribute to our fundraiser. Oh how my heart is filled with JOY!! This is how God wants us to live folks!! Thanks Jan!!

Slightly unrelated....I spent time in prayer & fasting on Monday for little Gracie and some other people and needs. I tell ya', everytime I fast (which with every hunger growl I am reminded to pray...which for me is A LOT!! I get so hungry even missing one meal! Spoiled American!) God reveals something to me and so far it's always been what He wants me to do for Him!! I love that! One time I was praying & fasting for our financial situation because we were fresh home from China (having spent a lot of $$) and Kelly was really slow on work. We knew we wanted to adopt again as soon as God put it on our hearts so I was really praying that our needs would be met AND our income would keep us qualified to adopt from Ch*na if that's where He called us. The very day I was praying & fasting, K called me and told me he wanted us to give a large amount of $ to our church above our tithe. Wow! I LOVE to give! Then later in the day, Linn called to pray with me and she suggested the same thing, which totally confirmed it! So you can see that praying & fasting isn't about pleading with God to give us what WE want...it's not some sort of hunger strike. It is about drawing closer to HIM and hearing what HE wants for us. And YES, He is so faithful to provide and meet our every need. Oh and the result of our giving was God blessing us with abundance over the next couple of months. Lesson learned...give FIRST, then watch God bless us, dont' wait for it to be the other way around!

Ok, so on Monday as I was fasting God revealed, yet again, something for us to do for Him. I can't say yet what it is but it is BIG!!! I'm so excited, nervous, it's going to sound crazy to a lot of people but we are only interested in being obedient. So, for my prayer warriors out there...please PRAY for us!! I will tell you what it is as soon as I can!

2 comments:

Mom Of Many said...

Great post and great observations! Can't wait for you to share your news. Yippee Jesus!

Lynsay said...

LORI!!! I love ya sweet friend and I LOVE that God told you something huge and exciting and scary, because that means you've got to totally trust Him for this step!! Praying! So, when are you coming to see me??

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...