Friday, May 24, 2013

u-pick strawberries!

Well, I gotta say, our first full day of summer break was a complete success.
And fun!

There's a peach orchard just a couple miles down the road from us,
and this year they have strawberries available.
And we just happen to LOOOVE strawberries.


So I loaded up the troops and we went berry-pickin.




Thank goodness for the large, raised rows.
They confined my all-over-the-place little man quite nicely.



The berries added up quickly.
And as far as I know, no one consumed any while we went along.
I said, as far as I know.


It was a beautiful day.
Slightly cool.
Slightly warm.
Just perrrrfect.



It was as if I completely forgot that they would actually weigh our boxes of berries in the end...
and that I would have to pay for them.


I call this photo,
Two cute girls in a berry patch.
(I'm very creative with my words.)


And I call this one,
Silly berry-pickers.


This one,
Holy smokes, we just picked $27 worth of strawberries,
what the heck are we going to do with all these?

Oh, I know.
We'll eat much of them on the three-minute ride back home.



Well, that was sure fun.
And delicious!

2 comments:

Janet said...

Looks like great fun. We hope to do that for blueberries. I got strawberries 99cents per pint at Aldi...now I have 24 pints of jam=)

Joanne Reddell said...

What a fun day! You're such a great mama!! Love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...