Sunday, April 7, 2013

mexican quinoa {score!}


Mexican Quinoa


Well, you know me.
I'm known world-wide for my food photography.
So it's no wonder you're reading this post right now, having been drawn in
by my magazine-like photo above.



But really, this is one delicious little recipe.
And it's so hippy-like.
Which feeds my soul, man.
Peace out.


I got this gem from my sister's neighbor.
She's in our commune.
I'm just kidding!
I mean, about the commune.  
I really did get this recipe from her though.

Let's move on to the recipe, shall we?
(My tweaked version, btw.)


1 cup Quinoa
2 cups water
1 can black beans, rinsed well!
1/2 chopped red bell pepper
1 chopped jalapeno (ole'!)
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 tbls. olive oil
Juice of one lime
1 tsp. taco seasoning
salt & peppa!


Soak quinoa overnight with one teaspoon lime or lemon juice, then rinse.

1.  Boil water, cook quinoa for 20 minutes (or use rice-cooker).
2.  Let it cool just a bit in a big bowl.
3.  Mix everything else together.
4.  Serve it up for your people!


ENJOY!


I was very doubtful about this as I served it to my childrens...
but they LOVED IT.

They loved it SO MUCH!




I think your crowd will too.

Oh, and it's super healthy.

Score!!!

5 comments:

Karin said...

Bless you for posting this!!! I've been wanting a quinoa recipe!! I'm going to try this.

Janet said...

Looks yummy, but I have to admit that I do not even know what quinoa is. Kind-of like people up north don't know what grits are=)

Unknown said...

Yum! I love saying "quinoa"! :) Are you taking commune applications?

Madeleine said...

We do this!

Having a vegan husband is a butt, but then I have to come up with interesting things to do with Quinoa and millet and brown rice, etc...

And don't forget the avocado on the side, with a hint of lime squeezed on it!

Natalie said...

This looks yummy. So I'm wondering. . . is it something you eat warm or cold? Either way?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...