Thursday, April 19, 2012

how 'bout them apples?

Happy Recipe Thursday, everyone!
(I just made that up)

I was thinking about all of you the other night
as I was making dinner.
One of the very hardest things
I run into with meal-making is coming
up with side-dishes.
And entrees.
And clean forks.
And any shred of motivation
to walk into my kitchen.

Anyway,
as I was scrambling to put something with my pork chops,
I eyed me some apples.

"How 'bout them apples?"
I said to myself.

So I got to work.
I am a lifeless shrew without my cutting board
and butcher knife.
Tossed it all in a saucepan.
With some orange juice.
Added brown sugar, cinnamon, honey, and cranberries.
And chocolate chips.
Just kidding.
Simmer, simmer for about 15 minutes.
Delicious!
And once again,
I saved the day.

Oh how my family admires me.
(Actually, I'm not sure they noticed I was even there)


It's these little things in life that
make me say,
"Wow Lori, you are quite the culinary genius."






(I am delusional, I know.)


8 comments:

bobweniger said...

I cook up apples often as a side , but just the apples , I will have to try the additions ,then my family will look at me in awe also .. fun !!

Tesseraemum said...

Yum! btw, we are here for you when the fam just isn't noticing what an amazing culinary or parenting genuis you are!
You could totally have your own cooking show!! Really!!

Joy said...

I should do this now! I just bought a bag of apples and I'm making pancakes for supper. These would go great! Thanks for the idea. :-)

Chris said...

Do they count as a green vegetable? My cupboard is bare...I must make a grocery run very soon or we will be ...
Well Joe did ask what sawdust tastes like.

Karin said...

I just can't stand people who can whip up stuff without recipes. bwahahahahahaha
The teenager can do that. I cannot. No fair. :)

Joy said...

I tried it, minus the honey and cinnamon, and it was a hit! :-)

Annan Marie said...

This sounds so good! I may have to try it with pears.

Holly said...

Yummy! Thanks, my friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...