Wednesday, August 19, 2009

ponder this

"Suppose there were no intelligence behind the universe.
In that case, nobody designed my brain for
the purpose of thinking.
Thought is merely a by-product of some atoms
within my skull.
But if so, how can I trust my own thinking to be true?
But if I can't trust my own thinking, of course,
I can't trust the arguments leading to atheism,
and therefore have no reason
to be an atheist, or anything else.
Unless I believe in God, I can't believe in thought;
so I can never use thought
to disbelieve in God."

C.S. Lewis


4 comments:

Karin said...

Ohhhhh...that is GOOD.

Holly said...

I was just going to write, "Ooooh, that's good!" And someone beat me to it! lol :) I have to steal it. I hope you don't mind!

Sally-Girl! said...

Oh Kevin needs to read this. He just got done taking an Anthropology witchcrap I mean craft class as it was the only choice open. It has messed with his mind big time!

Jean said...

I am so not capable of such indepth thought! I wish I was... my hubby is ;-) but not me ;-) I tend to lean toward the simple things in life which includes conversation and thought!

Is that from "Mere Christianity"? I gave the book to my sister hoping it would make a difference. I never read it... I didn't need to... I already new!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...