Saturday, August 29, 2009

a bittersweet reunion

There is an incredible reunion that happened in
China yesterday.
A little boy who had been abandoned (or so
everyone thought), and then was placed in
an orphanage (the same one Shu Li is in).
Then a lovely woman who was on a mission trip
met this sweet boy and couldn't get him
out of her heart or mind.
You guessed, it...she adopted him.

Now, at age 17...this young man found out that
his birth family had not abandoned him...
but lost him while at a crowded bus station.

Can you even imagine?

But, his birth family has been found...
and they have been sweetly reunited for a visit.

It's an incredible story,
that you will want to go read about.

8 comments:

Carol said...

Lori, how did you hear this story? That is so sad. Well, I guess he has two families now. Oh my.

Love, Mom

Karin said...

Wow...I had just heard about this story on another board. Thanks for posting the mom's blog. I had only seen a news story about it.

I can't imagine what is going through all of their hearts and minds...

Janet said...

WOW--reminds me of stories of US adopted kids finding siblings, also adopted here in the US--but even more amazing!!

Elissa said...

Isn't this an amazing story?? Julia works at our agency.

Most of our kids' stories are probably a lot different than Christian's, but I have often prayed for a revolution and revival in China that would allow our kids' birthparents to freely come forward and meet the kids they were forced to abandon. My heart breaks for Lily's birthparents to know what they have missed.

Janet and Kevin said...

That was a beautiful and bittersweet story. Thanks for sharing.

Janet, Kevin, Ted, Philip, and waiting for Eli

The Hackney's said...

oh my goodness...I can't imagine

Jean said...

I saw this to through a Yahoo group. What an amazing story!
Blessings,
Jean

christy rose said...

Oh my that is an amazing story! Makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. Definitely bittersweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...