Thursday, April 9, 2009

Another Chicken Post....and a beautiful full moon

Last evening K-man was completely worn out from a rugged day's work. So Lucy and I took on the chore of taking care of the chickens. And here we go....

One VERY, VERY ornery (mean) rooster who likes his living situation with over a dozen hens.

Lucy and I put on our "chicken" shoes (so she calls them).

Off to the hen house!!

Lucy shooing the hens away.

Our first discovery!

Got my treasures!

On the way back to the house, Lucy noticed the full moon.

We simply had to stop and admire for a while!

Night, night!

10 comments:

Holly said...

We were enjoying the full moon too. : ) Having chickens looks like fun!

Jaime G. said...

i want to live with you. i want land and chickens and no nieghbors and the ability to enjoy a full moon and a starry night.

Mandi said...

Those pictures of Lucy with the moon are beautiful.

Brittne said...

Send some of those eggs my way pretty please!!

Debby said...

Beautiful......

I HATE onery roosters.....off with their heads...lol..=)

Sally-Girl! said...

Okay she is so stinkin' cute it almost makes me want our next one to be a girl!!! THe moon picture is adorable!!!

You must be over the moon! :) in love with her!

Carol said...

If Lucy isn't the most blessed little girl, I wouldn't know who is. To live a simple life in the country when she could have been living nose to nose in a hovel. To see the full moon over the fence of an empty field instead of a mass of walls and hanging laundry. To breathe pure, fresh air instead of the foul smells of China. God is good. Welcome Shu Li!

Sarah Elizabeth said...

Aw, this makes me miss the god ol' Kansas life.

Nancy said...

Isn't it great seeing things through a child's eyes?
Nancy

Anonymous said...

It was a beautiful moon! Seeing all of those eggs almost makes me want chickens of my own. Almost. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...