Thursday, March 20, 2008

Still Waiting....

We are on Day 56 since our letter of intent was sent to China. It is not unusual for it to take around 100 days to get the SCL. However, it could certainly come sooner! We are really hoping to travel by mid June.

Our care package for Lucy was sent last Friday (March 14). They said it would take about ten days for her to get it. It contains a little doll, a photo album & a disposable camera that the nannies in her orphanage can use to take pictures of her home there & her friends. Then we will develope it later. I really pray that Lucy somehow understands that the family in the album is her new family.

Yesterday I took the boys to get the shots they need to travel to China. Well, Nick was a nervous wreck at the thought of it & tried his best to talk me out of it (he was certain he wouldn't catch anything in China)! Brenden was tough as nails & got three shots. Then when it was Nick's turn Brenden was trying his best to make Nick laugh, then in all his goofiness (is that a word?) he started feeling queezy when he saw the needle come out of Nick's arm....then down he went! The nurse called for help (I was filling out paperwork) & I told her that he was just messing around (he is always trying to embarrass me in public!)...then I saw him laying flat on his back, not moving & no color in his face!!! I felt horrible! Well, after some pampering from the nurses he was fine.

Well, that's all for now...hopefully my next entry will contain some great news!!!


Lucy's care package...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...