You are right, that is one thought provoking post. I think the main reason most Christians don't pursue adoption is $$$$$$. I hear it so many times. Why does it have to cost so much? But the same people don't ask why do cars or campers or vacations cost so much.
I also think it comes down to a calling. I knew I wanted to adopt a child long long ago, before we even had bio children. I never could have rested until we did it. But I don't think every Christian has that strong of a calling, and I'm not sure why God doesn't make it more clear to everybody.
I LOVE your comments...in fact, I'll go as far as to say I'm obsessed with hearing from you! I love, love, love it! So, leave me a comment, would you?!
Will do!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, that is one thought provoking post. I think the main reason most Christians don't pursue adoption is $$$$$$. I hear it so many times. Why does it have to cost so much? But the same people don't ask why do cars or campers or vacations cost so much.
ReplyDeleteI also think it comes down to a calling. I knew I wanted to adopt a child long long ago, before we even had bio children. I never could have rested until we did it. But I don't think every Christian has that strong of a calling, and I'm not sure why God doesn't make it more clear to everybody.